About 4:30 yesterday I added my comment to those of my blogfriends...
Thanks so much for great cheering comments. You've been with me through my doldrums lately, so I'm so happy to share good news. Just wait. It gets even better!! OK, tomorrow I'll give details.
Yesterday I posted that "Blue Skies" post and about an hour later I was hit with a stomach bug. So that took most of my attention the rest of the day. Probably something I ate, I mused, and finally took a pill. Had a nap. And woke up feeling a lot better.
But at 11:30 that morning I actually got the call!
I was approved for the apartment with the rent being 1/3 my income. Will I be able to eat? Who knows! Will I be able to drive my car if I even get it all the way out to CO? The price of gas is so awful. But I'm going to do my "baby steps" thing, and not worry about all that till "Scarlett O'Hara's tomorrow."
I texted the boys, and asked them to decide when I could consider moving, because again she asked what date I'd like to move in...basically sign docs, pay down-payment and rent, and get the key.
The good news is that the rent does include electricity. So no matter how cold or hot, they will help by paying for the heat/air conditioning. And cooking! I do hope it's a standard size electric stove. Forgot to ask if it was gas, but I doubt it.
OK, I do need to cut back on time here at the desk and take care of doing stuff. Thanks again for being here to help me get through all this. I'll be back whenever my feelings or thoughts get too strong and I need to share again!
See you in the funny papers.

Stuff to do now.
ReplyDeleteYes. You are about to be very, very busy. Schedule in rest time, okay?
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteYes, finally good news about the apartment. If I was close I would come help you pack.
ReplyDeleteThis is good news and yes, no time to muse, need to act, plan, pack. Be sure and schedule rest among all that.
ReplyDelete