At our coffee meet-up today my friends Helen and Teresa gave me a super coffee mug to remember them by.
It's covered by little photos of all the selfies we've taken while going on day trips together. I cried for joy at seeing their love displayed in all those photos, and that I'll not be going on many more day trips with them. I said "I'm not going, I want to stay here!"
Of course that was refuted immediately and I smiled and wiped my eyes.
Yes, I'll take some photos of the photo mug. It's too dark now to get good photos, the colors would be wrong.
We do have another trip planned, with Judy also invited. And we never know what Helen's situation with her sick hubby will mean. He's to have hospice care, but she can't take care of him at all at home. The hospital people should know that just looking at her. If they don't provide 24/7 care, she would be overwhelmed.
And we're going to have another lunch at Ole's Guacamoles before I leave.
So there are still some good things happening with my friends. And I plan to go up to Mt. Mitchell next week...a bit longer drive, but the height is the goal, to be able to breathe at higher altitudes. Durango is as high as Mt. Mitchell, or just about.
I will be happy to move wherever I can...Cortez or Durango. Both will be close to my sweet son, who went to bat for me with the batty manager yesterday.
May you make new friends in your new home. They will never replace the ones you have in NC but friends are the most important. What a lovely gift they gave you and that includes the mug.
ReplyDeleteTruely said...one is silver, and the other gold. But I'll sure miss our long rides when we go on day trips...where we discuss everything imaginable. Yes these friends have given me so much more than the mug!
DeleteI hope you find new friends in the new place. It will be different, a new adventure.
ReplyDelete